Friday, July 5, 2013

Really Rough Sketches























Today was such a busy day that I'm  truly amazed that I drew even one thing.  These three drawings are just rough information-gathering exercises.  Maya came over today and is spending the night.  We gave her her sewing machine, and she and I made not ONE but FIVE pillows, and by pillow number 4, Maya was treadling and handling the cloth all by herself.  On the left you'll see a sketch of the Arctic Wolf, which I drew from a screen capture that Maya made from Animal Jam.  We made a number of screen captures, then manipulated them in Photoshop and printed them out on tee shirt transfer material.  We ironed the transfer images onto old tee shirts, and we then hemmed each image and sewed it onto felt.  Then we cut out pillow backs from gingham cloth that we had, and we sewed the fronts to the backs, turned them rightside out, and stuffed them. 

The drawing to the right shows Maya stuffing one of the pillows.
 The last drawing is of one of the five pillows, the Arctic Wolf.  And now at 11:00 P.M. I am going to sit on Maya until she stays in bed and goes to sleep!  Good night!

2 comments:

  1. What joy for both of you!!! Congratulate her for me and please tell her that I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches .... and what enthusiasm by your protege/gr.daughter !

    ReplyDelete