Friday, October 11, 2013

Food

























At top left is a lovely loaf of pretzel bread, the bread of the month at City Bakery.  I was lucky enough to be able to buy one today even though I hadn't reserved a loaf.  The other three drawings on this page are from the bakery case at Greenlife/Whole Foods.  Number 684 is a from-memory drawing of a thing called a dog bone, which seems to be a Rice Krispy treat with chocolate coating in the middle.  The tiny berry tarts were gorgeous, with glistening blackberries and blueberries. 























I made pesto out of our basil crop this evening, and when I went to the garden to get the basil I grabbed the last of the carrots.  I drew them while waiting for the spaghetti water to boil.  I can't seem to grow carrots that look like carrots.  These taste fine, but they look more like ginseng roots or parsnips.  I even built a little raised bed so they could have deep straight roots. 

2 comments:

  1. They are Artist Carrots. Carrots free to grow from the creative confines of what society expects them to look like. :)

    ReplyDelete