Sunday, April 10, 2016

New Basketball Girl/Beauty Queen

In the Rules for Girls book that I'm editioning these days I've added a figure to illustrate the 1929 event in which a beauty contest was patched onto an AAU tournament.  She will be printed behind a red curtain.
To get there I carved a new girl, used a uniform from one of the other girls,?and carved a beauty crown.
Meanwhile Jesse ambled over to my other drawing table chair and rediscovered his recently-spurned fleece.
Nice to watch him sleep on it again.  We brought it to the boarding kennel the last time he stayed there, and I forgot to bring it home. When I went back the next day to get it they had cleaned it, and he thoroughly rejected it.
It has taken a month of me sitting on it and him assiduously avoiding it until now.  
It must smell right again because he is as attached to it as ever and slept on it all afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment