Thursday, August 11, 2016

Cone Misery

I took Jesse to the vet today to get help for him with the extremely slow healing of two wounds from a great horned owl (probably).  The vet gave him an antibiotic shot and a painkiller shot, and I asked about a cone because he keeps licking off the scabs.
The vet agreed, and Jesse came home very unhappy in his cone.
I sat with him while he fretted and batted it  around.
Here he is mortified and annoyed.
Sad sad sad.  After a couple of hours of misery we decided to release him and watch him to be sure he quits licking.  If he goes back to it, I guess we'll wrestle him back in.  Here's hoping!
  

4 comments:

  1. Gwen, I don't know if this will help Jesse. Our dogs hated those horrible plastic cones, even when we knew it was for their own good. Last week I saw something new to me, a fabric cone, like a ruff. I believe it was a bought one, but you could make something similar with a firm interlining. It was half the depth of a plastic one and a bit floppy but did the job. Half the problem I think is they cannot see round them, it is stiff and bangs into things. Just an idea. I much enjoy your drawings and walks by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen!

    This is Liz from Greenlife. Very very cool blog! Also, that is so phenomenal that your work is in the National Museum of Women in the Arts (came across that on Amazon). I went there during the week of my wedding maybe I saw your piece!

    Hope Jesse is feeling better!

    This is my website (I don't use Facebook right now)

    Pinktigerdesign.com

    Thanks!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work, Liz! One of my favorites is Band Practice, but I have many favorites. Jesse is all better, thanks. See you at the register!

    ReplyDelete